We have had Dick do several projects for us and have been very pleased with them all.
1. He built our main house (completion 1996)
2. He built our guest house (completion 1999)
3. He has supervised “repair and remodel” projects for us over the summer when we are away.
4. We still call him whenever we have any question as to what should be done and who should do it.
We really appreciate that when you call Dick Lloyd, you get Dick Lloyd. We highly recommend him.
Joe and Nancy Braucher
I have known Dick Lloyd and his brother Joe for over twenty years. Like many of their clients what I consider distinguishes Dick Lloyd Custom Homes from other high-end builders is that, as members, Dick and Joe have a personal, as well as professional attachment to Desert Mountain. Their clients become their friends so the relationship continues to grow long after your home is completed.
Dick Lloyd Custom Homes built our first home in Desert Mountain in 1992 and substantially renovated a second home in 2010. Both projects turned out beautifully, on time and on budget. During these projects and watching them build other homes over the years, Dick and Joe repeated demonstrated several qualities that contributed to the success of each project:
A rapport and involvement with the architect and Desert Mountain’s design review committee during the critical planning phase, to ensure that the vision translates into a workable plan;
An ability to engage and achieve value driven pricing from the area’s best subcontractors and trades so that the budget is detailed, transparent and all inclusive;
An attention to detail during construction so that questions surface and are resolved promptly without wasted time and expense;
Frequent and detailed communication regarding the status of the project, items requiring discussion and recommendations, thereby eliminating a natural anxiety associated with building a home in Arizona while we lived far away.
Dick and Joe have built over 350 homes in the Valley, many of which are grander than our home. However, I always felt that our projects received their upmost attention. The sort of attention you expect from friends.
- Lot 84, Saguaro Forest, 7,800 livable ft2
- Lot 22, Seven Arrows, 6,100 livable ft2
- Lot 17, Seven Arrows, 7,350 livable ft2
- Lots 398 and 399, Eagle Feather, 6,100 livable ft2
- Lot 222, Gamble Quail Preserve, 5,200 livable ft2
- Lot 56, Apache Peak, 4,600 livable ft2
- Lot 13, Carefree Ranch, 8,000 livable ft2